BeSpecular. Do you want to help/volunteer in your community, but you don’t have the time? Helping your community should be simple, convenient, and fun. Now you can help someone who’s blind by using your smartphone. You can spend a few seconds listening to the question, look at the picture(s), and reply with a friendly voice note or text message. You can:
- Use your eyes and intuition, which are invaluable compared to the limited capabilities of a computer.
- Help blind or visually impaired people from around the world.
- Do a good deed and feel amazing.
- Make a real contribution to someone else’s life.
Learn what it’s like to live blind.
Are you blind or visually impaired and need that extra little bit of extra help? Now you can conveniently ask your questions and know that someone who’s sighted will happily and quickly be able to help. Now you’re able to personalize your questions to find out exactly what you’re looking for. You can upload or take photos and ask a voice/text question. You’ll receive as many friendly and helpful replies as you need. As a blind user you can:
- Ask your question and receive your reply shortly after.
- Use the app in various situations, e.g. getting more detailed descriptions of items you’d like to buy online, reading the ad insert you found in the mail, understanding what’s going on with your computer when your Screen Reader won’t work, re-living memories with beautiful descriptions of your photographs, etc.
- Remain on a first-name basis, no need to reveal any personal info.
- Ask as many questions as often as you’d like.