In iOS 11, there’s a cool new feature to let you easily share your Wi-Fi password with a contact. The devices need to be on iOS 11, you and your guest need to have each other listed as contacts in the Contacts app.
- When one of your contacts is at your house, have them open up the Settings app.
- Go to Wi-Fi and let the iPhone look for available networks.
- Have your contact select the name of your Wi-fi network.
- You’ll get a popup on your iPhone that asks you if you want to share your password.
- Select “Share Password” and your Wi-Fi password is automatically sent to your contact’s iPhone and they’re able to join your Wi-Fi network.