If you recently experienced an issue with Netflix not properly playing your favorite shows with audio-description, you are not alone. I will attempt to show you how to restore the preferred settings for those who wish to have audio-description run automatically when playing a Netflix show that has that feature available.
1. Open Netflix on a device, and begin playing a show that you know has audio-description.
2. Pause the video, and move the scrubber bar to zero.
3. Select Audio and Subtitle Options.
4. Make sure audio-description is turned on for your preferred language, and closed-captions are turned off.
5. Press the close button.
6. Resume playing for five minutes.
7. After five minutes of a show playing with audio-description running, press the back to browse button.
8. Your preferred settings are now saved to your account across all of your devices.
Check your Settings
1. Open Netflix on a second device.
2. Begin playing the same show as on the first device.
3. If audio-description is not running automatically, do not attempt to adjust the audio and subtitle options.
4. Instead, sign out of Netflix on the second device, and then sign back in.
5. You can now check that audio-description is running properly across all of your devices.
This solution worked for me across my entire platform, including iOS, Android, and Google Home. I hope it works for you as well.