How to Install iOS 13 Beta
Early adopters wondering how to get iOS 13 beta onto an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch may need a little help this year, so CBT is here to help.
You can try iOS 13 early, ahead of its full release likely in September with iPhone 11, but only if you have a paid developer account. Apple made iOS 13 beta 1 available right after the WWDC 2019 keynote.
Some apps may not work with the iOS 13 beta until the final release. If you want to minimize your risk, you can wait for the iOS 13 public beta coming in July.
How to Install iOS 13 Beta on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
1. Click here to download Xcode 11 beta as you’ll need this on your machine for the install to work.
2. Click one of the links below to download iOS 13 beta for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch model. iOS 13 for iPad is now called iPadOS.
Save these restore files to your Downloads folder or desktop so you can easily find it.
iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS17A5492t
iPhone 8, iPhone 717A5492t
iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus17A5492t
iPhone 6s Plus17A5492t
iPod Touch (7th generation)17A5492t
Here are the iPadOS Restore Files
iPad Pro (11 inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch)(3rd generation)17A5492t
iPad Pro (10.5 inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch)(2nd generation)17A5492t
iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)17A5492t
iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation)17A5492t
iPad mini 4, iPad Air 217A5492t
iPad Pro (9.7?inch)17A5492t
iPad Pro (12.9?inch)17A5492t
3. Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your Mac and launch iTunes. Click on the ‘phone’ icon to access your iPhone. You may need to enter your passcode on your iOS device to allow device access.
4. Hold down the OPTION key on your keyboard, then click ‘Restore iPhone/iPad/iPod touch’ (VoiceOver users hold down the Shift key and press the Spacebar). Select the location of the IPSW you saved in step 2 and select ‘Open’.
5. iTunes will proceed to restore your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch and install iOS 13 beta/iPadOS beta. Your device will eventually reboot and iOS 13 beta will be installed. Enjoy some of the new accessibility features like Dark Mode, New VoiceOver commands for Touch Gestures, Keyboard Shortcuts, Handwriting, Braille Screen Input and more!