With Echo Connect and a compatible Echo device, you can ask Alexa to call anyone using your home phone service—all you have to do is ask. Because Echo Connect uses your home phone number, either landline or VoIP, friends and family recognize the call. Answer your home phone on your Echo from across the room, so you can easily talk to anyone hands-free when you’re busy making dinner or away from the phone.
Echo Connect uses the existing home phone service (landline or VoIP) to make and receive calls (carrier charges may apply). Your home phone number will be displayed as a caller ID.
Call 911 and international numbers from across the room. Alexa syncs with your mobile phone contacts, so you never have to look up a number. Just ask and Alexa will make the call.
Simply plug Echo Connect into the home phone jack, complete the setup on a smartphone in the Alexa App and you are ready to make and receive calls on any of your compatible Echo devices. Only one Echo Connect is needed per phone line.
In order to set up your Echo Connect, you will need a smartphone with iOS 9.0 or higher, or Android 5.0 or higher. You will need to download the Alexa App on your smartphone and set up Alexa Calling and Messaging by verifying your mobile phone number. You will then be able to set up your Echo Connect, and sync your contacts in the Alexa App so you never have to look up a number. Now simply say “Alexa call Nelson’s Cell”. .
With the Alexa App, the contacts on your mobile phone stay in sync with Alexa, so you never have to look up a number stored on your phone. When you receive a call from someone in your contact list, Alexa will announce who is calling.
Here are some commands:
- ‘Alexa, call Nelson’s mobile.’
- ‘Alexa, answer the phone.’
- ‘Alexa, dial 855-330-2665’
Echo Connect works with Echo (1st Generation), Echo Dot (1st Generation), Echo Dot (2nd Generation), Echo Show, Echo Spot, Echo (2nd Generation), Echo Plus.
Some tips with the setup process:
- Plug in a phone/handset into the analog telephone jack before setting up the Echo Connect and check to see if you get a dial tone. That way you are positive the line is live.
- The Echo Connect needs to be close to a live analog phone line AND wifi. The closer the Echo Connect is to your wifi access point, the better phone connectivity. It does not need to be close/next to an Echo device.
- Launch the Amazon Alexa app.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select “SET UP A NEW DEVICE”.
- Select “Echo Connect”.
- Note: Keep in mind while setting up the Echo Connect on Android phones, if you have Wi-Fi+ enabled, the phone wants to disconnect from the Amazon Echo Connect Wi-Fi since it does not have Internet connectivity. When it asks you to connect to a different network, select “No” so you can continue with the configuration process for the Echo Connect.
Tech Specs for Echo Connect:
5.1” x 3.5” x 1.2” (130 mm x 90 mm x 29.5 mm)
4.5 oz. (126.9 grams) Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process
Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
Warranty and Service
1-year limited warranty and service included.
Included in the Box
Echo Connect, Power Adapter, Micro-USB Cable, RJ11 Splitter, Phone Cable.