You can pair multiple Bluetooth devices to your iPhone and easily switch between them from Control Center.
But Control Center starting with iOS 11 and iOS 12 is different from iOS 10 and earlier, so we’ll go over where in Control Center you can switch which Bluetooth device is currently playing your sound. This is helpful if you need to switch from a speaker to headphones and in other similar instances. Here’s how to do it.
How to Switch Bluetooth Devices in Control Center with iOS 12:
For this tip, we’re assuming you already have multiple devices paired to your iPhone previously. Both devices, as well as Bluetooth, will need to be turned on. We’ll simply be switching which device is currently connected. Here’s how:
- Open Control Center.
- On the iPhone X and later, this is a swipe down from the top right of the screen (VoiceOver users swipe down from the top of the screen with one finger until you hear 2 tones or feel 2 vibrations.)
- On the iPhone 8 and older iPhones, it’s a swipe up from the bottom of your screen, (VoiceOver users need to highlight the status bar than three finger swipe up.)
- Locate the music player in the top right box in Control Center. 3D Touch to pop out the box. (On the iPhone XR, just press and hold the Music Playback tile)
- (VoiceOver users one finger double tap and long press on the Music button.)
- Now tap the circle icon in the upper right corner of the music player (VoiceOver users select the Show Playback Destination button in the upper right corner.)
- This will reveal your device options. You’ll see your iPhone and any available Bluetooth devices. You may also see your Apple TV or HomePod if you have one in range. If you’re currently connected to a speaker, you’ll see the speaker name and a little check mark next to it (VoiceOver users will hear the speaker is selected.)
- To switch devices, locate the name of the device you want to switch to on the list. Select the device’s name. Your sound should immediately transfer from the previous device to the one you just selected.
Did you enjoy this tip? CBT endeavors to be inclusive to all of our followers, not only our amazing blind and partially sighted fans, but also a growing base of sighted users. If you have feedback on how we can improve your experience, please send us an email to email@example.com
Keep following CBT for more great tips!