The Google Play awards are back again at this year’s Google I/O, and we are happy to announce the apps that have been selected for the Best Accessibility Experience.
It’s the first-ever mobile action-adventure game without video – where ears replace eyes!
Discover the original, innovative sensory experience of binaural 3D sound.
HEADPHONES ARE COMPULSORY!
AUDIO GAME FULLY ACCESSIBLE TO BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED PEOPLE
Your eyes will be of no help.
So close them, sharpen your hearing and your blade…
And embark on an epic, perilous rite of passage.
Eye-D helps visually impaired be location aware, explore and navigate to nearby places of interest, evaluate surroundings with their smartphone camera and read printed text. Eye-D will serve as the true companion for most of your daily assistance needs.
Trusted and supported by thousands of people across the globe Eye-D is determined to make visually impaired truly independent in all aspect and help them contribute to the society by propelling inclusion.
Over 400 apps work with IFTTT including Twitter, Telegram, Google Drive, Twitch, Weather Underground, Instagram, Gmail, and devices like Google Home, Amazon Alexa, Nest, Philips Hue, and your Android.
Turn on Applets and:
• Control everything around you with your voice and Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
• Stay informed about what’s happening from publications like The New York Times and ProPublica
• Always stay prepared for the weather with custom daily forecast notifications
• Message roommates when you’re near the local grocery
• Get an alert as soon as there’s a new Craigslist listing that matches you search
• Stay safe with automated and intelligent home security alerts
• Streamline your social media
• Back up and share your Android photos automatically
• Back up important files, photos, and contacts to cloud-storage solutions, such as Dropbox or Google Drive
• Set your home thermostat to an optimal temperature when you arrive home
• Post all your Instagrams as Twitter photos or Pinterest pins
• Trigger events based on your current location
Never-before-seen Touch-Free control for your smartphone or tablet. Utilizing the front facing camera with advanced computer vision algorithms, the entire phone can be controlled with head movements, with any app downloaded from the Play Store.
** Supported on Android 7.0 and above **
** Ideal for people living with paralysis or with upper extremity impairments (SCI, MS, ALS, CP, and more) **
This completely touch-free experience has been designed by a person with disabilities for people with disabilities. If you cannot move your hands for any reason, Open Sesame will enable you the vast world of mobile, opening up the previously unobtainable world of the hidden treasures of personal communication.
Through this patented technology, users with limited use of their hands gain access to the entire world of apps, which means they can Tweet, post to Facebook, send instant messages, make phone calls, or download any of the other millions of apps and use them Touch-Free.
SwiftKey Symbols is a symbol-based assistive communication app, powered by SwiftKey’s prediction technology. This Android app is designed to facilitate communication between individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other communication disabilities and their caregivers.
SwiftKey Symbols learns from you in order to predict the symbol you’re most likely to want next, saving time and helping those with learning difficulties to communicate faster and more easily.
To keep the communication tool simple and free of distractions, SwiftKey Symbols has a separate Admin Mode for managing your symbol collection. This can be accessed via the purple “SKS: Admin” icon in your apps (this will be automatically downloaded along with the main SwiftKey Symbols app).