Android Accessibility Suite recently released an update on the Play Store, adding some features to the Accessibility Menu and other new options like screen search and additions to continuous reading.
Android Accessibility Suite is a collection of accessibility services that help you use your Android device eyes-free or with a switch device.
Android Accessibility Suite includes:
- Accessibility Menu: Use this large on-screen menu to control gestures, hardware buttons, navigation, and more.
- Select to Speak: Select something on your screen or point your camera at an image to hear text spoken.
- Switch Access: Interact with your Android device using one or more switches or a keyboard instead of the touch screen.
- TalkBack screen reader: Get spoken, audible, and vibration feedback as you use your device.
NEW IN ANDROID ACCESSIBILITY SUITE 7.3
New in Accessibility Menu:
- Change volume and brightness from the Accessibility Menu.
- Make Accessibility Menu buttons larger. In Accessibility Menu Settings, select Large buttons.
New in TalkBack:
- Use screen search to find items quickly. To start a search, swipe left then down, or open the global context menu and select Screen search.
- During continuous reading (Read from top or Read from next) TalkBack automatically continues to the next screen.
- During continuous reading, scan your screen by different navigation settings (such as headings or controls). To select a navigation setting, swipe up or down. To start continuous reading, go to the global context menu and select Read from top or Read from next.
Note: If your device is using Android 5 or earlier, future versions of Android Accessibility Suite won’t be compatible with your device. You can use version 7.3, but future versions will only be available for devices running Android 6 and later. Learn how to check or upgrade your Android version: https://support.google.com/android/answer/7680439
For more information about using Android Accessibility Suite and other Android accessibility options, visit https://support.google.com/accessibility/android