Google just added “Voice II” option under the Assistant Voice settings menu in the Google Assistant preferences. Selecting it gives you a male AI assistant across all your devices; be it the iOS app, a Pixel phone, or the Google Home speaker.
Listen here to Voice I and Voice II side-by-side:
How to switch to the male Google Assistant voice
- Launch the Home application.
- Tap on the Menu icon on the top left side of the display.
- Under the Google Assistant subheading, select More settings.
- Under Account, tap on Preferences.
- Select Assistant voice.
- Here you will find a list of available voices. You can tap on the blue speaker icon to hear a preview of each voice. Select the voice name you wish to set for all of your devices that have the Google Assistant built-in.
How to change Google Assistant’s voice using the Assistant
- Launch Google Assistant by either long pressing on the Home button or saying “Ok Google”.
- Say or type “change your voice.”
- Google Assistant will play an example clip of its other voice and ask if you would like to change it to that.
- Say “yes”.
You can always change it back later by asking it for the female voice again.
Source: Android Police